21 Lies Every Student Tells Themselves At The Start of a New Semester
It’s January. New Year, New You? That doesn’t always stick when you’re student about to start the second semester…
1. I will be super motivated.
Bring it on!
2. Starting by getting up earlier every morning.
Seems easy enough.
3. And STOP PRESSING SNOOZE.
Is that possible?
4. And start going to bed at a normal time.
Like a real adult.
5. So I can stop taking naps three times a day.
6. And I can go to every single lecture on my timetable.
7. Even the 9am ones.
I may regret this.
8. I will actually make an effort with my lecturers.
*Creates new group chat*
9. And an effort to exercise on a regular basis.
Does going downstairs to get food count?
10. My diet will consist of only healthy, beneficial foods.
Don’t tell me chips aren’t vegetables!
11. And I will limit the amount of takeaways I have.
Only 3 times a week, then.
12. I’ll only go out on the weekends.
13. And I’ll only drink as much as I can handle.
14. I’ll make make sure to get involved with more student activities.
So much time for activities.
15. And learn to tolerate people more.
16. I won’t frivolously spend my student loan.
Nope, not at all.
17. And won’t beg my parents to support me.
Because I’m a responsible adult.
18. I will not leave my deadlines until the night before.
Because I will be a completely changed human.
19. And will actually get things done in plenty of time!
Well, try, at least.
20. I will not relapse into my Netflix binges.
21. And I will certainly not end up returning to the same lazy, unorganised person I have always been.
LOL JK, I will never change.