25 Signs University Has Brought Out The Gilmore Girl In You
Whether you’re more like Lorelai or Rory, university brings out the Gilmore girl in us all…
1. From very early on, you simply cannot function before noon without copious amounts of caffeine.
2. And having to deal with people sometimes feels more stressful than your actual degree.
3. So you try to avoid socialising with others most of the time.
4. Especially because you can never find the right outfit.
Nice things cost money. I don’t have money.
5. Your impressively large diet consists of pizza, takeaways, and more pizza.
6. Which sucks when you’re poor most of the year.
7. The day your student loan drops is obviously the best day of your life.
8. So you decide to splash the cash on a crazy night out.
9. But you check your bank account the next day and hate yourself for cleaning it out.
… And that is why not 😊😊😊😊
10. You literally have to flirt at the bar to try and blag free drinks.
11. It is comforting to know your friends are going through the same experience though.
12. You’re constantly bombarded with questions every time you visit home.
13. Or slated for drinking too much.
There’s a reason for that, mum…
14. One of those reasons is probably because you’re always expected to work on Sundays.
Assignments, group projects, seminar preparation… Ugh.
15. What is even worse is hearing someone on your course tell you they finished an essay a month ago.
16. You constantly have to email your lecturers for help but they barely ever reply.
17. You find yourself seeking comfort and advice about life from your friends.
The latter is usually on point.
18. But they can also be very annoying.
Like when your mate doesn’t listen to your warnings about the boy she fancies.
19. That being said, you can’t wait to see them after the holidays.
20. You still don’t really know what you’re studying well into the year.
21. And the thought of quitting crosses your mind every day.
22. You get your results back and realise a friend did better than you.
23. Although you’re very modest when you actually pass an assignment…
24. Your graduation day arrives and you can’t believe you’ve actually survived your degree.
25. But it quickly dawns on you that you need to make a plan for the future now that university has come to an end.