13 Feelings You’ll Relate To If You Always Leave Essays Until The Last Minute
If you always leave everything until the last possible minute, this is all too familiar.
1. You feel completely relaxed when you first get handed the assignment.
Three weeks is loads of time. There are more important things to worry about right now, like what’s going to happen in the latest episode of your favourite TV show. Anyway, you’ll definitely start planning tonight.
2. A tiny bit of guilt surfaces when you realise you’ve already started putting it off.
But, remember, you’re going to start the plan tonight! Or tomorrow evening. Either way, it will be soon. Probs.
3. But the weird calmness comes back soon, even though you still haven’t started the essay.
You’ve got this. You are the master at leaving things until the last minute. Pulling it out of the bag against all odds is your thing 💪
4. You feel ultimate betrayal when a friend tells you they’ve already finished theirs.
What?! Who are you going to frantically panic-text hours before the deadline?
i just found out that my friend is a snake
— natalie (@sIuttyroses) December 11, 2016
5. So you sit down to properly look over the essay question for the first time and are completely shocked.
None of this was on the PowerPoint???? I’m not doing this????
6. You’re just days away from the deadline when the real panic finally sets in.
Nothing is okay. You’re going to fail. Why do you do this every single time?
WHY DO I ALWAYS PROCRASTINATE. I KNOW I DO IT SO WHY DO I CONTINUE TO DO THIS TO MYSELF. I HATE MYSELF SO MUCH RN.
— chlo (@x3_chloee) January 17, 2017
7. But you hear someone else on your course hasn’t started either, and a tiny spark of hope flares up.
You aren’t alone in your essay-induced fear! All is well again.
8. You desperately try to work out how many marks you need to scrape a 2:1.
So if I just get 50 on this and then don’t leave all of my other essays until the last minute I can definitely pull this back…
9. You finally start to write and realise you may have messed up big time by leaving it so late.
Whether it’s days or hours before the deadline, you haven’t done nearly enough research and you have no clue what you’re going to argue.
10. Next comes the resignation stage.
Well, that’s it. You’ve only yourself to blame. Better use the time you’re not spending writing that essay to look for a job. Life as you know it = over.
11. And the last night before the essay is due is spent in total meltdown-mode.
What are words? How do you use them in a sentence? Need words. Sentences. Help.
How delightful is it that I have forgotten how to type.
— R ✌🏻️😏 (@KryanKrazed) January 24, 2017
12. At the end of the debacle, you’re relieved when you finally turn in the essay.
You did it. You’re a genius. You will never ever leave it this late again. Probably.
13. And you’re left with overwhelming sleepiness that completely takes over.
Imma sleep for a week… I deserve this.
after i get this essay done and get about 10 hours of sleep i will respond
— sún🌻 (@itsyadestinee) March 21, 2017