15 Thoughts Every Third Year Student Is Having Right Now
If you’re reading this, you’ve probably reached the dreaded third year of uni. But no matter how bad it gets, we can all find comfort in the knowledge that we share the following thoughts…
1. “This dissertation may NEVER actually end.”
How many words?! How many references?! I need a fucking nap.
2. “Aaaand my student loan is just about gone. Baked beans it is.”
I swore I was budgeting better than last year. Maybe those double vodkas HAVE gone up in price and I’ve just not noticed? My bad.
3. “I need a job, but I also need to do my essays, assignments and projects. Oh, and enjoy the final year of my clubbing freedom and everything else a student has to do.”
I'm a management student who can't manage my own time and money. Help.
— QUEENIE (@queenamor__) March 6, 2017
4. “I’ve come this far, I can’t drop out now.”
Or… can I?
5. “Extra-curricular activities or clubbing? Hmm…”
When it comes to choosing the library or student night, there’s no competition.
6. “I’ll have to spend my entire lifetime paying off my library charges alone, before I even make a start on the student loans.”
Bye money 👋👋👋
7. “I really need a placement or some kind of work experience ASAP. Oh, but the rejection…”
What if they hate me?
8. “Everyone has a graduate job lined up, apart from me.”
Brilliant. Looks like I’ll be relying on mum and dad for the rest of my life then.
9. “Crying into Ben and Jerry’s will definitely make all of my problems go away.”
Ice cream fixes everything, don't even fight me on this
— Meg Davis (@meggaannn14) March 27, 2017
10. “Should I do a Master’s? I really don’t want to leave uni yet.”
Oh wait… that means more work. Actually, I’ll leave it.
11. “Maybe I should have done an apprenticeship???”
Seems like a lot of work tho?
12. “I’m never going to be able to drink as much, eat as unhealthily, sleep for as long, or justify my laziness once I’m out into the real world.”
I’m a student. It’s what we do best.
Eating poppadoms and mango chutney for lunch… who doesn't love being a student
— ZoeMarie (@Zoe3Marie) March 8, 2017
13. “I really am going to miss my lectures.”
Well, the ones I actually turn up to that is…
14. “I can do this. Even if I get a 2:2, does it really matter?”
Ugh. It matters doesn’t it?
15. “I’m not ready to be an actual adult yet.”
If I say it enough times, I won’t have to face reality.
Student life forever. Please.