18 Things You’ll Really Miss About the University of Sunderland When You Graduate
Plz don’t make us leave 😭
1. The daily views.
Especially around the festive season.
2. And the unique architecture on campus.
3. Free printing in the Newsroom.
On top of having to find money for everything else student life entails, they just have to throw printing costs into the mix. But if you know about the Newsroom, you’re winning.
4. Falling down the stairs in Gatsby.
OK, so nobody really likes falling and especially not down stairs. But let’s be honest, it’s pretty funny after the first few times.
5. Costa on St. Peter’s Campus.
When it’s time for a hardcore revision sesh, Costa is everybody’s source of energy and the ultimate saviour.
6. Juggling 20 ‘essential’ books from your reading list.
After battling every other student on your course for the most critical books, the next stage is to get them back home. Several breakdowns and 3 pulled muscles later, you successfully make it up the stairs at Panns Bank.
7. The ‘Report an Absence’ page on SunSpace.
You’ve probably filled it in at least a hundred times – I know I have.
8. Getting all fancy-dressed-up for socials.
9. And making the most of Empire Cinemas’ student Tuesdays.
Any film on a Tuesday for virtually nothing. Luxury.
10. PLAY Wednesday – the best student night on the town.
Sure, they tried Piggy Bank on a Monday night and Venom on a Thursday but PLAY is unbeatable.
11. And Revs 2-4-1.
If you have a Revs card, you’re living the dream. Cocktails on the top terrace in the sun and you’re almost a VIP 💁💁
12. Recovering from your heavy night out with Proper Roast.
Every student’s favourite early-morning ritual after a hectic night of drinking. They even deliver to your door. We’ll miss the gravy dripping from our chins at 3am.
13. And always being able to rely on Station Taxis to get you home.
When you need one, it’s there for you. Like a best friend, really.
14. The USSC beer bong…
When it went missing, your heart broke.
15. Pro Nails Zone.
Whatever you want, they can do it. Cheap acrylics? Gel nails without the effort? It’s the place to be.
16. And always knowing the Bridges Shopping Centre has everything you could ever need.
Primark, H&M, New Look, Krispy Kreme, Starbucks… The list goes on.
17. Trying to rub your INDEPENDENT stamp off in the morning.
That ink is invincible but we all secretly want it to stain our skin forever. After all, it’s virtually our brand.
18. And finally, the Londonderry.