12 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Study Forensics At University
Doing a degree, or even just a module, in Forensics is not for everyone. For that reason, there are some things you’ll only understand if you’re one of the people who do.
1. You secretly thought you would become an overnight CSI sensation.
2. And you’re secretly disappointed that this hasn’t happened. Yet.
3. You look forward to any opportunity to dress up in those white body suits, face masks and stretchy latex gloves.
4. Or solve mysteries as part of your degree.
5. Learning how to interview someone and shamelessly testing it out on your friends.
6. Or nailing the arrest caution, and using your right to remain silent in every single lecture and seminar.
7. Being given a fingerprint kit and then staining the entire flat looking for potential evidence into flatmate crimes.
8. And having an interesting collection of books for your course which kind of makes it look like you’re a serial killer in the making.
9. Realising your favourite shows have been ruined because you have learnt the tricks of the Forensic Science trade.
Watching crime dramas when you study forensics is so frustrating😂
— jess (@jessicaplaant) January 21, 2016
10. But also using certain shows as an alternative form of revision.
when you watch border security you don't even have to study for your forensics midterm.. #samething
— Nadalina Francic (@naaaaaaaj) March 7, 2016