11 Signs Your Sorority Is More Like Your Family
Once a sorority sister, always a sorority sister.
1. You all hit it off from day one.
This isn’t just a Facebook or “see you in class” kind of relationship. This is the kind of thing where you’re excited to see each other’s daily texts, even about the most mundane things.
2. And you’re more than comfortable being yourselves around each other.
Try to let go and let your quirky side out and see who laughs the loudest. Chances are that the people who appreciate you at your most quirky will be the ones who stick with you the longest.
3. If you’re struggling to study, they’re always there to help.
Your older sisters will have taken the same courses as you, so don’t hesitate to ask for study advice if you’re stuck! The ones who care will want to see you succeed and will help you get through even the most difficult subjects.
4. And you’ll always have a wing woman when you need one.
Maybe you’re not brave enough to approach library bae, but you can guarantee one of your sisters will be.
5. Not to mention access to their clothes.
Not sure how to dress to impress for your first date? No worries, your sisters will have their closet doors open just for you.
6. You’re always willing to listen to each other.
A great sister will always lend an ear, and that’s how great friendships start and flourish.
7. And you know exactly how to cheer each other up.
You may feel pressure to be perky and positive in a sorority, but everyone knows that you can’t be “on” all the time. So if you’re having a bad hour, day, or even week, your sis will be the first to lean in with a glass of wine and to lend an ear to boost you up.
8. There’s always someone to look after you when you’re feeling ill.
Your sisters are there to help you get well, no matter what’s going on. And when you’re coming down with that winter cold, there’s no better way to say “I care” than coming around with some hot chicken noodle soup.
9. Or let you know when you have something in your teeth.
10. You know that they always, always, always have your back.
Whatever you need, be it motivation or support, they’ll be there for you.
11. And you’ll never, ever want to leave them.