14 Signs You Really Need To Turn Netflix Off and Write Your Essay
If you’re a student who has deadlines looming but you also have Netflix, here are some signs you might want to look out for.
1. In spite of your workload, you’re still prioritising Netflix over everything else.
I should really be writing my paper. Or my scholarship essay. Or doing my webassigns. But I'm watching Netflix instead🙃
— Cydney Paige (@CydneyRoberts23) April 28, 2016
2. But you can no longer tell whether watching it is a way of relaxing or just avoiding life at all costs.
3. You’re prepared to spend hours on deciding what to watch but give up on your essay plan after only 5 minutes.
4. You promise yourself you’ll only watch one episode of something, but suddenly find yourself several episodes in.
5. But you carry on watching anyway, convincing yourself that you still have loads of time.
6. You try again with your essay and immediately reward yourself for writing the title with a Netflix break.
7. Which shortly turns into a Netflix binge, and your essay waits for another day.
8. The imposing doom of deadlines looms closer and closer and yet you still can’t tear yourself away.
— ️ (@delusionalbongo) April 27, 2016
9. Netflix now seems to be the only barrier between you and your degree.
Other than your lack of willpower, obviously.
10. And you’ve started to drag everyone else down with you.
11. In those few seconds between episodes, fear of how little time you have left takes hold.
12. And yet, do you say you’re no longer watching? Nope.
Me: "another episode?"
Netflix: *next episode starts*
Me: "well I guess it's already started….. Can't just turn it off now, oh well"
— Ellie Thompson (@elliethompson23) November 24, 2015
13. Although you’re miles from finishing everything, you’re already planning your free time around which series you want to watch next.
14. Until you realise that you’re essentially just using the thing that’s stopping you from being productive as a bribe to be more productive.
It’s time. 🙈