22 Questions Every First Year Desperately Needs An Answer To
At this point in your first year of uni, you could probably really do with some answers to these questions.
1. Wait, do I really only have one semester left of first year?!
2. I’m not even sure I’ve learned anything yet. Is that normal?
3. I do know some sick drinking games now, though. That counts, right?
4. I don’t know how to not be a Fresher. What will I do?
5. I heard that you still get Fresher’s Flu after first year. Is that true?
6. What if I’m never ready for the responsibility of the rest of uni? Y’know, where it actually counts?
7. Talking of which, if this year doesn’t count, why does the the uni take it so seriously? Am I being lied to?
8. I mean, what actually is the point otherwise?
9. If none of these essays or exams count towards my degree, does it matter if I fail?
10. As in, does it really matter? Like, really?
11. I know you technically still need to pass but really?! It all seems very unfair.
12. Can’t I just redeem myself in the second year when it actually matters?
13. What if second year isn’t as fun as first year?
14. Am I making the most of it?
15. Should I be doing more things? And sleeping less?
16. Do I have enough photos? Maybe I should take more.
17. Can’t I just stay in halls? Even though I hate those fire drills.
18. How am I supposed to make this last student loan stretch until September?!
19. Why am I even stressing? The prospectus promised me that first year would be the best year of my life.
20. How am I supposed to know if it’s been the best year?
21. What if I’ve done it all wrong?!
22. Can I just start again? Please?