21 Thoughts Every Student Has When Waiting For Results Day
We spend so long revising and panicking about exams that often we completely forget about the doom we’ll face afterwards: Results day.
Can the wait actually kill you? It definitely feels that way. These are the thoughts every student will have from the moment of leaving their final exam:
1. “How is it possible to feel both euphoria and complete apathy?”
Panic level: I don’t know how to feel feelings anymore.
2. “Why is everyone talking about what they wrote for their answers?”
No. I don’t want to hear all the things I didn’t remember to mention. Shut up.
Panic level: I hate my life.
3. “So what exactly do people do when they’re not revising?”
Shouldn’t I be doing something?
Panic level: Meh.
4. “Nevermind, I’ll just drink away all my feelings”
Panic level: I don’t CARE.
5. “Sooo… What now?”
Is it sad that revision has become my life?
Panic level: Uh oh.
6. “Why have I just remembered something crucial that I forgot put on my exam?”
Panic level: No no no no no.
7. “It’s okay, I’ll just properly calculate what I need to get in my modules to average at 2:1 “
Panic level: There’s still hope, right? Say there’s hope.
8. “Forget it, I didn’t take Maths as a degree for a reason”
Just give up and wait for them to work it out. Percentages are hard.
Panic level: Fuck it.
9. “And even if I did do a Maths degree, why should I be doing work now?”
Numbers. Brain. Ouch.
Panic level: Not high enough to be doing work, thanks.
10. “Ah well, there’s no point worrying about something I can’t change now”
Pushing every result related concern to the back of your mind is sometimes the only way to survive.
Panic level: On the brink of breakdown.
11. “…It’s not like your results affect the rest of your life or anything”
Not a big deal. Just my future.
Panic level: Heart palpitations.
12. “Oh my god why do we have to wait so long for these results?!”
I don’t care that it’s only been a week. Why so long?
Panic level: Just put me out of my misery.
13. “I should probably start using my free time to look for jobs…”
Panic level: Shit. Why am I doing absolutely nothing productive?
14. “I know they told us the release date, but I’ll just check my emails again. You know, just in case.”
Panic level: Need to know. Going to die.
15. “What is the purpose of my life?”
I have no exams. No deadlines. Just waiting…
Panic level: Is there any point even worrying?
16. “Would failing really be the end of the world when I don’t even know what I want to do?”
Panic level: Losing the will.
17. “…But what if what I want to do with my life requires a first?”
Panic level: A first?!??!?!?
18. Everybody’s posting their amazing results on Facebook. Why.
Panic level: Deep. Breaths.
19. Where do I even find my results on this website?!?
Panic level: GAHHHEOGEKGBETGKJ
20. I have absolutely no idea what any of these numbers mean.
Panic level: What’s even going on?
21. Oh. Well that was a bit of an anti-climax, really. But still, well done me!
Panic level: Phew.
Now to look forward to graduation.