17 Times Fall Out Boy Song Lyrics Perfectly Described Your Life at University
Fall Out Boy clearly know exactly how students feel at university 🎵
1. “I set my clocks early ’cause I know I’m always late.” -A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More Touch Me.
For when you snooze all 10 alarms you set and drag yourself out of bed 2 minutes before the lecture starts.
2. “The best of us can find happiness in misery.” -I Don’t Care.
For when you’ve got a full day at uni but someone is giving out free food.
3. “She said she’s no good with words, but I’m worse.” -Dance, Dance.
For when even the smartest person in your lectures has no idea what they’re doing.
4. “It’s just past 8 and I’m feeling young and reckless.” -Our Lawyer Made Us Change the Name of This Song so We Wouldn’t Get Sued.
Exactly how pretty much every night out at uni begins.
5. “Douse yourself in cheap perfume, it’s so fitting.” -I Slept With Someone From Fall Out Boy and All I Got Was This Lousy Song.
AKA using air freshener when getting ready for a night out because you can’t afford perfume. Being a student calls for innovation sometimes.
6. “I must confess, I’m in love with my own sins.” -America’s Suitehearts.
Even though we may come to regret those spontaneous nights out the morning after, they were damn good.
7. “I thought I loved you, it was just how you looked in the light.” -Hum Hallelujah.
When the lights go on in the club at 3am and you can see the creature you’ve been dancing with.
8. “Slept through the weekend.” – The Carpal Tunnel of Love
Be honest – how many times have you woken up and not known what day it was? We’re all guilty of this.
9. “I slept in last night’s clothes.” -Uma Thurman.
Need I say any more?
10. “Where did the party go?” -Where Did The Party Go?
When your friends refuse to go out with you for the fourth night in a row.
11. “I’m a stitch away from making it, and a scar away from falling apart.” –The (After) Life of the Party.
When you’re an hour away from a deadline with a few hundred words to go.
12. “You’re a brick tied to me that’s dragging me down.” -The Phoenix.
One word: dissertation 😭
13. “We walk the plank on a sinking ship.” -Don’t You Know Who I Think I Am?
When you go into an exam you haven’t done any revision for.
14. “We’re the new face of failure.” -I’m Like a Lawyer With The Way I’m Always Trying To Get You Off.
When September rolls around, and the new batch of first years arrive.
15. “Prettier and younger, but not any better off.” -I’m Like a Lawyer With The Way I’m Always Trying To Get You Off.
Because freshers always come in so hopeful. Well, just give it a month.
16. “Eyeliner? Energy Drinks? I’ve taken shits with bigger rockstars than them!” -I Don’t Care.
When someone with a job meets a student.
17. “One day we’ll get nostalgic for disaster.” -Hum Hallelujah.
Even though we want to cry our way through every lecture, facing the real world is much tougher. We want to stay at uni forever.💔
One day son, all this will be yours
*gestures towards massive student loan debt and a shitty car*
— NOT A METH LAB (@jenlaw_11) March 11, 2015