15 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Studied At The University of Bolton
If you didn’t study at Bolton Uni, you just won’t get it.
1. Getting used to hearing “I didn’t even realise Bolton had a uni?!”
2. Or “Is that even a real uni?”
3. Learning to ignore all the judgement you unfairly face for going there.
4. And basically developing a really thick skin.
Beginning to think I should have applied to the likes of Bolton uni by the looks of how disastrously revision is going
— Beth Roberts (@_bethrobertss) February 22, 2016
5. Because you literally couldn’t care less where Bolton comes in university rankings.
A degree is a degree.
6. The hilarity of one of the halls being called Orlando Village.
Just seen a signpost for 'Bolton University – Orlando Village' #whoyoutrynakid
— Matthew Walshaw ✝ (@wallywalshaw14) November 20, 2012
7. And the frustration of those days when campus looks as grim up North as everyone thinks it is.
8. Because it’s actually not all bad in Bolton.
9. Thinking you know everyone on your course because your classes are always so small.
10. But then rocking up to graduation and realising your year was actually full of people you’ve never seen.
11. Wishing you had better options for a night out.
Imagine if Bolton was a good night out
— callum (@xodxck) June 9, 2016
12. But also loving that Manchester and Liverpool aren’t that far away.
13. That moment when you hear you’ll be graduating in a big tent.
14. And suffering all the jokes about why that is.
15. Not that you really care, because although it’s not perfect, you’re glad you chose to study there.
Gonna be so so sad to leave Bolton, it may not be the best place but it's full of the best people. Uni has been the best thing ever 💜💜💜
— Amy Elizabeth (@amyainscoexx) May 21, 2014