16 Struggles You’ll Only Understand If You Commute To Uni
Commuting to uni has its advantages. It’s just a shame that those advantages don’t really outweigh the struggles.
1. The stress of commuting at rush hour for a 9am while your friends who live at uni only have a 10 minute walk.
if this ain't me at uni pic.twitter.com/seMC6jHoR9
— soph (@waltzafi) April 26, 2016
2. And having to carry a heavy bag everyday because you can’t nip home between lectures for things.
3. Or finding out your lecture has been cancelled after you’ve arrived.
When you get to your 9am class to find out it was cancelled and you could've slept an extra hour 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃
— Taylor Dressel (@TaylorDressel5) April 13, 2016
4. That moment when you realise you’ve forgotten something important and you have to decide between being really late or unprepared.
5. Or you hear a delay being announced and you’re no longer sure it’s worth going into uni or not.
6. Whenever someone says “at least it’s cheaper for you to commute!”
Can't believe it's going to cost me almost £200 a month just to travel to uni wtf
— megan (@_megah) June 26, 2016
7. And you tally up how much time you spend on public transport per week.
8. Not being able to see out of the window because it’s too busy.
9. Or trying to revise but you can’t concentrate because everyone is being too loud.
10. Feeling like you can’t stick around after uni without worrying about when the last bus or train is.
11. And inevitably missing out on things every now and then because of it.
12. Feeling disturbed whenever you see people who don’t usually commute at the same time as you.
13. Or people who are just out for the day and are actually happy to be there.
That’s nice. ☺️ I’ll just be on my way to my exam. ☺️
14. Especially if they get a seat and you don’t.
15. Thinking about the fact that you usually get up earlier than everyone else and get home later too.
16. And the extent to which people who don’t commute will never truly understand what they’re missing out on.
A spider fell down the window next to me on this bus and the bus is full so I can't move goodbye cruel world
— olivia (@olivia_diprimio) April 17, 2016