17 Stages of Your Final Year of University, As Told By Absolutely Fabulous
Final year + dissertation = absolutely not.
1. The summer before the year starts is all about relaxation.
And ignoring the impending reality that is your dissertation.
2. But then you find out who your dissertation tutor is and they suggest doing some preparation over the summer.
3. Back to university in September means one thing: student loan.
4. Then your tutor asks for some evidence of dissertation research.
5. You try to cover up the fact that you’ve been trying to re-live your days as a fresher.
6. Panic sets in and you work solidly all night just to try and break the backlog.
7. And few things can convince you to leave the pit that is your room. But food is one of them.
8. The days all blend together and you can’t really remember what a normal sleeping pattern is.
9. You reach a low point in life, but your closest friends will always be there for you.
10. You see organised popular people bragging about their long bibliographies and finished work.
11. After studying for so long, you forget how to socialise.
12. Most of your nights out end in deep conversations about age and life.
13. And you feel like your life just isn’t as exciting as it was in the previous years of university.
14. But you manage to power through.
And might even start to feel good about your chosen topic.
15. When you eventually finish the dissertation you sit back and think about what you’ve just achieved.