The 18 Stages of Submitting Your Last Ever Assignment at Uni
You never thought this day would come. Here’s what happens when it does.
1. You finally decide you’re finished, but none of it feels real.
Can this really be the end?
2. And hesitate over pressing submit for a long, long time.
It’s too much responsibility. It’s all too final.
3. When you do eventually decide it’s time, the joy is real.
Have you ever felt genuine happiness until this point, really?
4. And initially want to get your celebrations started straight away.
Freedom is finally here.
5. But doubt soon starts to creep in.
Did I definitely submit it to the right place? What if I’ve fallen at the last hurdle?
6. Followed by a burning sense of guilt.
Like you didn’t do enough, or you should have studied harder.
7. Before you know it, actual fear has set in.
Is it too late to change it? How can I fix it? Send help.
8. Especially when you realise you now have nothing left to work for.
9. All you have now is time to wait for your results.
So. Much. Time.
10. And the future, of course.
11. Relief does eventually start to take hold.
It is done.
12. And you allow yourself to bask in your success and feel a sense of achievement.
If I can do this, I can do anything.
13. You finally reward yourself with that well-deserved pint, or six.
Which proves to be just like you dreamt it would be.
14. And text everyone you can think of to share this glorious moment with you.
“Yes, really, Mum! I’ve finished it!”
15. You start trying to think of all the possibilities to fill the masses of free time that you now have.
A holiday? A festival? Nights out without guilt?!
16. And suddenly realise you can’t remember what you used to think about before you had assignments to write.
17. In fact, it’s not long before you actually kinda miss them.
The Netflix library has been well and truly exhausted.
18. But at least it’s made you start to look forward to whatever comes next.
Whether it’s a gap year, a job, or more studying… you’ll be ready for it.