11 Things Every Student Should Know Before Going to University
Going to university can be a daunting experience, you feel out of place at first but everything soon becomes normal. And you then realise that your expectations of student life weren’t quite right.
1. You will only ever do laundry when you completely run out of clothes and underwear.
Or you manage to hang on until you go home for the weekend.
2. Your sleeping pattern will never be as it should be.
Why did you stay up until five in the morning again?
3. A 10 o’clock lecture is too early, a nine o’clock lecture is torture.
And you will miss many of them.
4. You will put on (or lose) at least 8 pounds.
Depending on how you react to independent living.
5. Curly fries with cheese/beans/gravy or chicken nuggets are the only way to end the night.
And you will only share with people very dear to your heart.
6. You will know far too much about your flatmates.
Whether they know it or not.
7. And you will quickly get used to their weird habits.
At first you question them but then realise there is no point.
8. Southern students will claim anything above the Watford Gap is the North.
While Northern students will argue that anything below Crewe is the South.
9. You will attempt to imitate your people’s accents.
And by the end of the year will become an expert at it.
10. You will never do the seminar reading by the end of term – no matter your intentions at the start.
It becomes too much.
11. And you will always end up doing assignments the night before they are due in.