20 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Studied at Keele University
Only at Keele 🎓
1. Getting used to the blank look on people’s faces when you tell them you study at Keele Uni.
"So what uni are you going to Toby?"
"Oh yeah, I know where Keele is" SAID ABSOLUTELY NO-ONE, EVER.
— Toby (@manctoby) September 17, 2015
2. And hearing the classic “isn’t that just a motorway services?” at least once during your time there.
3. Absolutely loving how unexpectedly beautiful campus is.
4. But dreading needing to trek from one side to the other for a lecture.
5. The nightmare of a walk to and from Hawthorns.
They lied when they said it was on campus. It’s not even on the map ffs.
6. And the anger of opting for the bus instead only for it to be late.
7. Never being able to get signal in the downstairs part of the SU.
Which is all the stress because that’s where you always end up needing to call a taxi from.
8. And quickly realising how limited the nightlife is in Newcastle-under-Lyme.
Unless you enjoy going to Revolution all the time.
9. Although Pound a Pint night on a Monday does kind of make up for it.
Unless you have a 9am on a Tuesday. 😷
10. Being in constant competition with Staffordshire Uni.
11. Which is especially cute when varsity comes round.
12. Knowing or at least recognising pretty much everyone on campus.
13. Not being sure how you feel about the squirrel mascot.
14. And pretending not to enjoy tea and toast in the chapel after a night out.
15. Getting so used to living in the Keele bubble you sometimes forget about the outside world.
The world could end and you wouldn’t know.
16. And learning to love being called duck or sug.
One day you might even start saying it yourself.