17 Signs You Truly Belong At The University Of York
It’s bound to happen. Whether you’re a first year or a postgrad student, there comes a time when you look around and realise you’ve really settled in at the University of York.
Here are some things that happen when York becomes your home away from home…
1. You no longer ‘hate’ people from other colleges.
Because we’re really all the same.
2. And STYCs/freshers are fair game…
3. Tourists infuriate you.
Seriously? You’re going to stop right there and take this long?!
4. You’ve accepted that York only has a handful of clubs and you’ve learnt how to make the best of them.
After playing Ring of Fire, ‘Never Have I Ever’ and downing several Jägerbombs who even remembers what club they went to anyway? That’s how it’s done.
5. And you have the dress code for each club sorted.
Mate, take your red chinos off, it isn’t Revs ’til Sunday.
6. You have ‘your seat’ in the library.
And you will defend it to the death.
7. You don’t care what you look like on campus.
Your friends have seen you tactically chunder in a bush so you can still get into Fibbers, there’s just no point trying.
8. You’ve joined a society.
9. And are addicted to Yik Yak.
You’re probably dedicating more time to your Yak game than to aforementioned society membership…
10. You know your way around… Sort of.
Not exactly… ‘The Shambles bit’ of town all looks the same and you draw a blank when confronted with a seminar in Wentworth. But… you’re trying?
11. You’re still getting around to visiting the Minster…
12. And York Dungeons…
13. And walking the walls.
We’ll go at some point, give us a break!
14. But you’ve managed to go to at least four pubs that claim to be the oldest in York.
15. You’ve accepted the fact that the Dusk cocktail menu doesn’t tell you anything.
You order based on the name, the descriptions are meaningless.