14 Very Real Traumas You Go Through When Your Best Friend Is Studying Abroad
Whether your BFF cruelly deserted you halfway through university, or they chose to study abroad for the duration, you’ve definitely been through the following traumas.
1. You tried to prepare yourself in advance for their leaving, but it turns out nothing can truly prepare you for such a big change.
2. And even though you have other friends, it’s just not the same.
3. Everything from a song to a meme can trigger a serious bout of nostalgia.
4. And certain things just aren’t as exciting without the one person who appreciated them as much as you.
5. Communicating solely over social media, FaceTime and WhatsApp can’t compare to the real thing.
No matter how dank the memes.
6. And it soon gets pretty old having to constantly calculate time zones in order to talk to them.
7. You often feel a bit guilty doing what you used to do together with someone else.
They would want me to be happy, right?
8. So you try to keep their memory alive by talking about them all the time with your other friends.
9. You constantly think of things you want to do and places you want to go with them.
Why didn’t you have this much inspiration when they were in the same country?
10. And can’t help but feel attacked when you see photos of them having a good time doing fun activities with other people.
11. You may never forgive them for the fact that you’re potentially not going to graduate in the same year now.
12. And you may never forgive yourself for taking having them around for granted until now.
Their personality, their mannerisms, the inside jokes…