13 Struggles Every Cardiff Metropolitan University Student Has Faced At Least Once
No, I’m not at Cardiff Uni.
1. Having to explain that you don’t go to Cardiff University.
From the moment you get your acceptance letter, people automatically think you’re going to Cardiff University. They tell everyone how amazing it is for you to go to such a great university, while you sit there wondering how to break their hearts.
2. Wondering whose idea it was to put the two campuses on opposite sides of Cardiff.
3. And not knowing how to pronounce either of them.
Cyncoed and Llandaff? More like King-Coyed and Clan-Daph!
4. Wishing the halls had more imaginative names.
“You’ll be living in Neville.”
5. Being persuaded into getting a Swipe Card only to discover that no shops recognise it.
“Do you not have an NUS card?”
6. Trying to hide your student ID from any Cardiff University students on a night out.
7. And then suffering the “banter” when you fail to do so.
You’re better than us. Whatever.
8. Feeling embarrassed to admit you actually like the food in K1.
Yeah, Centro’s cooler, but it’s also double the price.
9. And not being able to hear anyone in Centro because it’s so loud.
10. Not realising the cash machine on campus isn’t working until you’ve already asked it for £20.
Which it will take out of your bank account, but where it goes, who knows?
11. Spending all your money in Starbucks.
It’s not like coffee machine in K1 is ever working, so what choice do you have?
12. Wishing everyone would give the uni the respect you know it deserves.
You know that we have the world’s leading expert on Tolkien here, right?