19 Times ‘Sense8’ Summed Up Your First Year of University
If you’ve ever watched Sense8, you’ll know that it sums up first year pretty damn accurately.
1. When you’re just so keen for all that learning!
2. And of course, the partying.
You have no idea what to expect, but you do know that you and your new crew look on point.
3. Mid-way through Freshers’ week when you discover your flatmates are terrible influences.
If you can’t beat them join them.
4. And that you’re not missing home as much as you thought you would.
5. This is bound to happen at some point…
6. Although in reality it looks more like this:
Especially after a Jägerbomb or two.
7. When you realise you prefer revising from your bed than literally any other part of campus.
“I’ll just teach myself.”
8. Or when you send another “sorry I can’t make my 9am” email to your tutor.
9. How you and everyone else feels when you’re set the first essay:
WHY IS REFERENCING SO HARD?
10. Or when you nail your first group presentation:
11. You going home at the end of the semester.
The parents wont mind a bag or two of laundry… right?
12. And you again realising you haven’t done half as much work over the holidays as you should have done.
13. Trying to get your friends from home to visit like:
14. Whenever exams roll around.
I cannot deal.
15. And you expect sympathy from your lecturers, only to get this look:
16. When you manage to pass an exam you were convinced you’d fail.
17. Looking at your summer reading list like:
18. When you think of just how much you don’t want to go home for the summer.
Leaving your new squad is just not an option.
19. But at least you know that you’ve had the best time!
Bring on second year.