16 Things Every Leeds Student Has Experienced On a Night Out
From struggling over the sticky carpets in Pryzm to weightlifting steins in Bierkeller, here are just a few things every Leeds student has experienced on a night out.
1. The awkwardness of arriving at Pryzm before 11.
2. And then getting stuck to the carpets in there.
Carpets in clubs: don’t take that idea on Dragons’ Den.
Accomodation for students rating space the worst nightclub.. MATE HAVE U BEEN TO PRYZM?! IT HAS CARPETS, PADDED WALLS AND THE CHUCKLE BROS😩
— VK Queen x (@lucy_brown97) January 6, 2016
3. Never being able to get over that time Quids In was actually in a church.
4. Dragging your housemates to see some obscure DJ at The Wire and literally being the only people in there.
5. Worrying you’ll be sober by the time you get to the front of the queue for Space.
It’s arguably the most Marmite of all the clubs in Leeds – you either just cant get enough or would give anything to never have to return. At least the shots are only 80p, though. 🙌
#discoverleeds #leedslife #leedsthroughalens #scenesofyorkshire #mybritain #loveforyorkshire #nightlife #night #nightphotography #iphoneography #mobilephotography #bnw #amateurs_bnw #igersleeds #ig_leeds #igersuk #igersyorkshire #bnw_captures #bnw_life #bnw_society #bnwmood #bnw_city #bnwphotography #bnw
6. Resenting the price increase for tickets for HiFi’s Mixtape Project but going anyway because you love it there.
7. The A+ banter with all the staff in Canal Mills.
The best person I've met at Uni is the toilet lady at Canal Mills 'no one will spike your drink they don't like sharing drugs here' 😂
— naomijademermaid (@naomijaade) January 2, 2014
8. And the feeling of guilt when you see the sniffer dogs even when you haven’t done anything wrong.
9. Feeling out of place if you’re not wearing glitter at Beaver Works.
10. And giving in to the heat and paying £4 for some premium H2O.
11. Unashamedly loving the classic Bieber karaoke at Bierkeller.
The steins probably help. 🍻
12. Being on board with the Carnage bar crawl until you reach Players.
13. Getting emotional about your free student cheeseburger at the 24hr McDonald’s on Briggate at the end of the night.
14. And always seeing at least one person escorted out because the emotions were just too much.
15. Struggling to spot which Uber is yours in the sea of Skoda Octavias that suddenly appears wherever you are.
16. And finally making your way home, dreading tomorrow’s hangover but being thankful that Leeds does nights out better than everywhere else.
LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS. 👏