15 Problems Every Sociology Student Will Face After Graduation
Graduating with a degree in Sociology comes with its ups and downs. Here are just some of the problems we face after we’ve been capped and gowned.
1. Struggling to adequately explain to others exactly what your degree was about.
Other than that it involved a lot of angry bearded men.
2. And secretly missing reading about said angry bearded men and their concepts.
Miss u Durkheim x
3. Feeling frustrated when people continue to think Sociology and Psychology are the same thing.
4. Which is almost as bad as when people automatically assume that you’re going to be a social worker or Sociology teacher.
When people assume the only thing you can do with a sociology degree is teach 😒😒😒😒😒
— Maggs (@m_sloann) August 28, 2016
5. But then realising you don’t actually have a clue what you’re going to do.
6. Having no idea how to stop analysing society all the damn time.
After 3 years of undertaking research projects and learning sociological theory, analysing social interactions has become second nature to you. I’m talking covert observation on the bus, in Starbucks…