16 Times University Really Made You Miss Being at School
Because school was so much easier.
1. When you first got there and had no clue what to do without supervision.
Where am I supposed to be? How am I supposed to get there? Where’s my timetable? WHY IS NOBODY TELLING ME WHAT TO DO!?
Managed to get lost in my own city on my first day at uni
— andrew (@AAsher1889) September 19, 2016
2. And you genuinely felt like you wouldn’t survive Fresher’s Week.
Why am I hungover on a Tuesday?
So I've been at uni not even 24 hours and I'm already hungover and feel like I'm dead #freshers
— CHAR (@charm8x) September 9, 2016
3. Whenever you were ill but staying home wasn’t the same because there was no one there to look after you.
4. And when you realised this harsh reality.
When you get ill at university, you don't ever get better, instead you just learn to accept this new lower standard of health
— UniFacts (@UniStudentFacts) February 15, 2017
5. When you either didn’t have enough to do.
I have way too much free time at uni, literally don't know what to do with myself
— niamh (@niamhbytheway_) February 12, 2017
6. Or you had so much to do you didn’t even know where to begin.
I'm at that point in uni where I have so much to do that I don't even know what to do… so I just sit here
— annika (@annikadurand) February 3, 2017
7. And there weren’t anywhere near enough people to keep you in check.
8. But you had more than enough ensuring you continued to ignore your responsibilities.
I swear to god I have never met worse influences than my uni friends, the absolute worst
— alice (@alicelmortimer) April 15, 2016
9. Whenever it came to cooking for yourself.
No hot-food-on-the-table-when-you-come-through-the-door after class.
10. Or when anything went wrong. No matter how small.
I legit don't know if I want to be at Uni anymore… stuff just keeps going wrong and idk if I cba. I need Mrs Mason in my life again.
— BeckyJayne (@bringmethebecky) October 3, 2016
11. When you thought back to how much better you were at handling early starts.
12. And long days, five days a week.
13. When you realised how easy it is to get distracted at uni.
Maybe the fact that your school blocked pretty much every website other than Wikipedia was a good thing after all.
14. And how much more intelligent you felt at school than you do now.
Weird how doing 1 subject at uni is 10 times harder than doing 4 a levels and I've only been here 3 weeks 👍🏾
— Megan Olivia (@meganburke_) October 12, 2015
15. When you didn’t have two separate groups of friends that you were loathe to bring together.
Is it wise to mix uni friends with home friends?