21 Things Every Final Year University Student Knows To Be True
You won’t understand the meaning of the word ‘struggles’ until you get to final year.
1. From the get-go, your social life is pretty much out of the window.
2. You find yourself doing some serious grovelling to lecturers for when you need advice or academic references.
3. The library basically becomes your second home.
— Grainne Brennan (@GRAINNECB) November 23, 2016
4. Meaning you rarely get to spend time with your flatmates chilling at home.
5. Unfortunately, group projects still exist.
The stakes are high, and so are tensions.
6. Journal articles and secondary scholarship suddenly become your worst nightmare.
7. Even if you don’t have a final year dissertation, there’ll be times when you wish you did.
8. But if you do have to write a dissertation? Well, it was nice knowing you.
9. You soon realise you’ll have to reference about a billion books in total.
10. And you’ll hit the Google Books viewing limit every single day.
11. Drowning your sorrows in alcohol becomes a regular activity.
12. It feels like final year modules are ten times as difficult as everything you did in previous years.
13. So you find yourself snacking on motivational treats to force yourself to work even more than usual.
14. Which doesn’t help your wanting to be healthy.
They should rename Freshers’ Fifteen to Final Years’ Fifteen…