19 Things You Really Miss About Studying at UCL When You Graduate
Exam season isn’t one of them.
1. Passing around the £1 drinks.
Mondays at Phineas meant one thing only – cheap alcohol.
2. The coffee at the Print Room.
And watching people think you can actually print stuff there.
3. You’ll even miss the Main Library.
It may be the home of all your stress but it’s so pretty.
4. Sitting on the Portico steps.
There’s no greater sense of UCL belonging like sitting on the Portico steps on a sunny spring afternoon.
5. And all the things that went down in the main quad.
6. Having lots of great food just 5 minutes away from you.
Franco Manca, Wasabi, Japanese Canteen… yes please.
7. Not to mention the cheap sandwiches and wraps at George Farha.
8. And the free Hare Krishna food.
Basically – you’ll miss all the food around you at UCL 😇
9. The student activism.
— UCL Free Education (@uclfreeed) March 27, 2015
10. How easy it was to make friends with people from all walks of life.
11. The banter you had with King’s.
No one actually hates King’s, it was just a way of life.
12. And with Imperial.
You actually did hate Imperial though.
You won’t miss the time they changed the name to Student Central though.
14. And crashing the Freshers’ events in second year.
UCL hadn’t really begun without KOKO’s welcome event.
15. Jeremy Bentham.
Weird but iconic. What would UCL have been without him?
16. Going to Sports night every week.
Even though you said you wouldn’t.
17. And hanging out in Ramsey even though you didn’t live there.
It was just the place to be.
18. Really, you’ll just miss studying in London.
UCL graduate students and alumni: what have you loved about studying in London? Share your stories of how you’ve benefitted from being a student in the city and be in with a chance of winning one of five £50 prizes! Click on the link in our bio to take part. #loveUCL #ucl #universitycollegelondon #university #uni #london #studentlife
19. And calling UCL home.