14 Times University Made You Realise How Much You Still Need Your Mum
You never know how much you need her until she’s not there.
1. Every time you forget to defrost something.
Which is basically all the time. How does she manage to remember?
Forgetting to defrost food is bane of my life at uni
— Char (@CharlieeJordann) October 14, 2016
2. And whenever you attempt to cook a dish she makes look so easy.
“So now do I add the pasta sauce?”
3. When you’re hungover and can’t even face looking at food, never mind making yourself some.
4. Or when you make a complete hash of doing your washing and dye all your whites a different colour.
5. And when you can’t understand how she manages to stay on top of changing the beds so often.
You mean they don’t change themselves?
6. When your student loan hasn’t come through and you spent all your savings.
“Muuuummmm” *flutters eyelashes*.
7. When you go clubbing in the winter and she isn’t standing by the door saying: “You need to wear a jacket!”
8. Or leaving you a glass of water for when you get in.
9. When you’re ill and really just need her to look after you.
10. Or when you’re not ill but could still do with some looking after.
11. When you miss your favourite show and need to know what happened.
It’s not the same when she updates you on the phone.
12. Or when you can’t find something in the house and she’s not there to somehow know exactly where to look.
13. When you need her to nag you into getting up and getting your life sorted.
14. Or when uni’s all getting to be a bit too much and you need her to make you feel like it’s all going to be OK.
Love you, mum! 💛💛💛