14 Times You’ve Genuinely Considered Dropping Out of Uni
Do I really need a degree?
1. When you have a 9am you really should go to but you only got off the sesh at 5am.
2. Or when you have 29 assignments, 5 essays, and a presentation due on the same day.
3. When the lecturer picks the groups for a group project.
4. And you then end up stuck doing all of the work.
5. When you’re sitting in a lecture and feel like the only one who has no idea what anyone’s talking about.
6. Or when you tried really hard for something but then you got a really shit mark.
7. When you realise just how unhealthy university has made you.
8. And every time you consider how much debt you’re going to be in.
9. When your workload has made you so stressed you’ve started stressing about being stressed.
10. And you feel like the more you try to learn, the less you can remember.
11. When you go home and discover your room has been turned into a storage cupboard.
12. Or when you work out how for from a first you are.
13. When you realise that having a degree isn’t enough to qualify you for a graduate job.
14. And when you feel as though the only things you’re good at are those with nothing to do with your degree.
Maybe I should drop out of Uni and set up a sandwich shop. I just made another fantastic sandwich.
— Alastair James (@MrAlastairJames) October 28, 2013