19 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Study In Hastings
You wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.
1. The seagulls are the size of small children.
2. And living by the sea is amazing, but you really don’t make the most of it.
3. But that’s probably because it is windy 99% of the time.
4. You are constantly being compared to Brighton.
5. But you know that your campus is way better because you actually know the majority of the people and lecturers there.
6. Which is a great thing when it comes to the important stuff.
Like coming together to support your area:
— Sussex LRC (@sussexlrc) November 27, 2016
7. Being able to have a proper fish & chips after a night out.
8. Living in a small town means everything is within walking distance.
9. But this still doesn’t stop you from daily trips to the little Tesco, because Morrisons is just too much effort.
10. Thursdays are never the same once you’ve experienced Tequila Thursday.
11. But you have to learn to survive without a Nando’s.
12. Old Town is just the coolest.
'Small lanes delight': I love walking around the lanes in the heart of #HastingsOldTown. #3 #canon📷 #canonphoto #canonphotography #EOS1100D #nofilter #nofilterneeded #nofilters #nofilternecessary #HastingsLife #ThisIsEngland #ThisisHastings #Historic #historictown #shadow #bluesky #architecture #LoveHastings #visithastings #igershastings #igersuk #instagram #instalike #igcapturesclub #igcaptures
13. And Jack in the Green is basically the event of the year.
14. The SU’s decision to make The Brass Monkey the Student Union was the best thing they have ever done.
15. The views from West and East Hill are gorgeous.
16. And no student here can last a whole week without popping into Wetherspoons.
17. Ultimately, Hastings really is just the cutest.
18. And has the best photo opportunities.
19. It might not be Brighton, but you love Hastings just as much*.
* If not more 💯❤️