24 Things Everyone Who Works In An Office Knows To Be True
Never before have you appreciated Bank Holidays so much.
1. Being introduced to everyone as the newbie is hell. Actual hell.
2. At first, even when people are being nice, you can’t help but suspect they secretly hate you.
It’s unlikely they do, but still.
3. Probably not helped by the fact that it takes you weeks to remember everyone’s names.
4. And learn whose mug belongs to whom.
5. Having to just laugh along at all the inside jokes you don’t understand yet.
6. You never imagined the excitement having your own desk would bring.
7. Nor your own phone.
If only you knew how to use it properly…
8. The stress of trying to figure out how to adjust your chair to suit you.
my office chair is even more complicated than my phone….13 different possible adjustments!?
— Michelle Dion (@michelledion) September 24, 2009
9. The tea haul is so traumatic that you instantly wish to retract your offer.
So many orders
10. The look you get if you have to explain that you don’t drink tea or coffee.
11. The air con is on 24/7, 365 days a year.
12. For some reason, working in an office makes you a hundred times hungrier than the average person.
13. Becoming irrationally excited if your office has a canteen.
14. And looking forward to casual Fridays.
15. The weekly team meetings which you’re convinced were only put in place to make you cringe.
16. Never before have you appreciated Bank Holidays so much.
17. But when they arrive they go too fast and before you know it you’re back at your desk.
18. Everyone loves that one person who brings in cake on a weekly basis.
19. The stationary cupboard is everything your inner student ever wanted, and more.
20. Secretly listening to your own music through your headphones.
*Puts every Spice Girls album on shuffle*
21. Those people who sit near you but can never respond to your emails.
22. Not really feeling like an official member of the team until someone new starts.
And you can do to them what everyone else did to you.