15 Things You Learn To Love About Studying at Coventry University
Coventry Uni > Warwick.
1. We’ve made a hat-trick of winning Modern University of the Year 🎉
But you probably know that already, because we’re reminded of it constantly.
Coventry wins Modern University of the Year for third year in a row! It's a good time to be at Cov Uni! #CUbelieve
— Dale (@DTromans99) September 18, 2015
2. And using the moving bookshelves in the library feels like you’re at Hogwarts.
Realistically, they are electronic – but it’s more fun to pretend it’s magic moving them.
3. Everyone gets into the rivalry with University of Warwick students.
It’s all friendly competition. In a ‘frenemy’ kind of way.
4. And the locals will never stop being entertaining.
Where can you see a man dressed as Matt Smith, ordering his coffee in Starbucks under the name of ‘The Doctor’? Or someone taking their pet duck on a walk round the city centre? Only in Coventry.
5. There’s almost always a fundraising bake sale somewhere on campus.
6. You have a basically never-ending list of sports clubs to choose from if you want to get involved.
They’re inclusive to everyone and some memberships even come with a Nando’s discount card… what more of a reason do you need to join?
7. And somehow every sports social seems to be a different fancy dress theme.
Every single time you see the golf club they are in fancy dress, ironically playing pub golf. After three years of uni, your costume wardrobe is on point.
8. The Ellen Terry building, and the fact that it’s definitely haunted.
It’s named after the famous Shakespearean actress and is steeped in history (including a whole lot of ghost stories). You’ll learn to love it so long as you don’t risk working in the basement alone at night.
9. There’s always a chance you’re going to end up in the background of a uni promotional photo.
Which is fun, as long you haven’t just rolled into a 9am lecture hungover.
10. The different accommodation options all feel like little student communities when you live there.
Student accommodation gets a bad reputation, but Coventry University has campuses that suit everyone. They are clean, secure (which makes parents happy) and you really feel at home.
11. And no one can resist the comfy af bean bags.
Once you’re in the comfy bean bag, you’re never getting up again. Not even for that important lecture. Nap please!
12. Student shopping night in Coventry city centre is the perfect ratio of fun to chaos.
It’s students only + the fantastic discounts = amazing.
13. The university staff are amazing and really care about all the students.
Even from day one you know they are there to help you. They make everything interesting and it’s like more like having new friends. Though, granted, they’re friends that can ruin your life with one bad grade.
14. Coventry University have an outstanding employability rate, so you can look forward to graduation.
Whatever you want to do when you graduate, Coventry University is there to support you. They encourage students to get work experience and even provide skills training inside real businesses. The rate of Coventry grads who’ve continued on to further study or are employed is incredibly high.
15. But really, if you had a choice, you’d never graduate or have to leave.
How can you not fall in love with Conventry Uni? 😍