19 Things You Learn To Love About Studying at Newcastle University
You’ll love studying at Newcastle more than you could expect.
1. The fusion of city life with the beautiful architecture of the campus buildings.
"The Architecture department at Newcastle has always been where I've wanted to study. When I walked into campus for the first time, I went straight there and faced this wonderful building. I felt especially excited to start" Alexis Liu, Architecture Student If you've got an image of the campus or city you'd like to share, tag it with #MyNCLpics or email email@example.com #newcastleuni #newcastleuniversity #oncoursetoncl
2. That feeling you get when you wander into the older parts of the university.
It’s a requirement that everyone must take a picture with the Armstrong arch.
3. Sharing the campus with these guys.
4. Having the Great North Museum so close by.
5. And the fact that The Quilliam Brothers’ Teahouse is right next to campus.
6. Not to mention the other hundreds of other food places a mere 5 minute walk away.
7. Digging into a dessert treat from the Great British Cupcakery.
8. And of course Newcastle’s great student nightlife.
9. The drinks are insanely cheap – especially the trebles.
Mum spent £190 on a pair of shoes
That's 114 trebles in Newcastle
— Nelson Nelson (@jack97nelson) July 21, 2016
10. And you can even spot the Geordie Shore crew in Bijoux or House of Smith on occasion.
What are the chances the night we go to Bijoux Geordie Shore are filming! pic.twitter.com/piM3ddeRqJ
— ✨ Mrs Fowlie ✨ (@tanyafowlie) October 26, 2015
11. But a night out isn’t a night out without dancing in the Sinners cage.
12. Or strawpedoing a VK in Flares.
13. As well as getting lost in Digi.
Planned on heading home form Durham at 12, but instead we ended up in newcastle, ditched our shoes in revolution and got lost in digi til 3
— Leanne (@LeanneMole) December 23, 2014
14. And making use of the photo booth in the o2 Academy is a must.
— Rou Reyno (@RouReynolds) December 9, 2012
15. And the morning after your night out, Zapastista is there to cure the hangover.
16. Newcastle really does have everything you could want.
17. And with the Quayside on your doorstep.
18. And Tynemouth beach a short metro ride away.
19. You know you’ve made the right choice studying here.