22 Bad Habits You’ll Inevitably Pick Up at University
Once you’ve settled into university life, you start to develop a few questionable lifestyle choices.
1. Napping during the day. Every day.
Never used to nap, but since starting uni napping is my life
— Sarah (@Sarrrrah17) February 3, 2016
2. Thinking you can make it to a 9am after only getting in at 4am.
— Liam (@liamchambers5) August 11, 2016
3. Trying to cure your hangover by going out drinking again.
"Had a bottle of cider this morning to cure my hangover" welcome to uni
— cal (@CalDavidson15) September 21, 2015
4. Ignoring the washing up until you have literally nothing clean left to eat with.
Even then, you’ll just improvise.
Gotten so lazy at uni, no clean knives or forks left so Im using 2 spoons instead
— Darren Kealey (@DarrenKealey) October 15, 2013
5. Always assuming someone else will put the bins out.
But they never do, so you then have to cram 2 weeks worth of rubbish into an already full bin.
uni is just a repetitive wait for someone to take the bins out
— j (@J_ckk) February 1, 2016
6. Eating leftover pizza for every meal of the day all the damn time.
At Uni pizza was really breakfast lunch and dinner sometimes
— H (@hamidgbad) August 15, 2016
7. Aiming to do a weekly shop and buying nothing but alcohol and something to cure your hangover.
First Uni shop and all we bought was alcohol and bacon
— Nicole (@NCJ29) September 16, 2012
8. Starting a new Netflix series even though you need to be revising.
So I said to myself I won't start watching any new shows on Netflix cos of uni assessment but I couldn't help myself 😂😂😭
— jyoti ❁ (@jyotikumar97) August 23, 2016
9. Thinking that simply going to the library counts as doing work.
When all you really did was sit on your phone complaining about everyone else in there.
10. Making revision so much harder by never organising your notes.
Now you’ll never be able to find the ones you need when you need them.
11. Leaving your essays to the very last minute.
I hate myself why didn't I start this essay sooner god damnit ah.
— (/ ㅎ ㅁ ㅎ )/･*♡･*♡ (@jkayyyyay) May 18, 2016
12. Complaining about the lack of contact hours but also counting down the minutes until your lecture has finished.
It’s just the way it is.
13. Leaving all your reading until reading week but then reading absolutely nothing.
reading week is over and i didn't read anything, cnt b tamed x
— beth (@bethsturges) March 11, 2016
14. Only referencing the parts of library books that have already been highlighted.
15. Occasionally nodding when the lecturer looks at you to act like you know what they’re talking about.
I wonder if the lecturer knows I'm just fucking with him when he looks me in the eye and I just nod my head out of acknowledgement.
— John Thomas (@JohnThoma_s) March 12, 2016
16. Taking all of your washing home for your mum to do and promising this is the last time.
17. Thinking you can rely on the lecture slides being available on Blackboard so you don’t have to write notes.
18. Deciding not to prepare for your seminar because you can probably just wing it.
You were wrong.
19. Using Wikipedia rather than doing your own research and just hoping it will be reliable.
20. Forever saying you won’t get another Domino’s for a while now.
Might have to start up a gofundme to fuel my domino's addiction at uni
— Jake (@deadsubs) July 3, 2016
21. Setting yourself a revision schedule but never sticking to it.
There was no point wasting your time.
22. And promising at the start of every year that you’ll do better this time.
You probably won’t. But good luck any way. 🙈