The 21 Most Irritating Things About Using The Uni Library, As Told By ‘The Big Bang Theory’
Trying to be a good student is hard work.
1. Getting to the library only to realise you’ve forgotten your student card.
2. Or you remember your card but when you scan it the barrier won’t let you through.
3. Arriving really early in the morning only to find there are already no free seats.
4. People not understanding how the silent section of a library works.
Apparently the library is now somewhere for talking on the phone and singing. Great.
— Alice Wright (@AliceGWright) November 1, 2016
5. When you grab a group table for you and your friends but someone sits at one of the chairs.
6. Finally finding a free computer only to realise that it’s really slow and keeps crashing.
7. Renting out a laptop, only for there to be no seats near a plug.
8. So it dies within half an hour.
9. People eating the smelliest foods at their desks.
10. Leaving your desk to go to the toilet and coming back to a note that says all your belongings have been taken to the front desk because you were away too long.
11. When you go to collect a book but it’s on the top floor and the lift is broken.
12. The online system saying the book you desperately need is in the library, but it’s not on the shelf when you go to collect it.
13. So you end up spending ages looking through the re-shelving bay trying to find a book that’s probably not even useful anyway.
14. Finally finding the book you need, only for it to be in a different language.
15. Having to buy really expensive library cafe food because you can’t risk leaving the library and losing your place at a desk.
16. Or when you bring in food from home and you forget there is no microwave to heat it up.
Cold soup it is…