15 Stages Of Trying To Meet a Deadline, As Told By Stranger Things
Me? Meeting a deadline? I’ve never heard a stranger thing than that.
1. You begin by, well… not beginning.
The deadline’s probably ages away, right?
2. But this turns out to be a bad idea when you suddenly realise how little time you have left.
3. Still, you struggle to get your work off the ground.
4. And waste more time trying to figure out what your friends are doing rather than just getting on with it.
5. You eventually decide you can avoid the inevitable no longer and head to the library, snacks in tow.
6. And try to get into the zone like:
7. But your attention span proves to be shorter than ever.
8. Not helped by the fact that you’re not really sure what you’re doing.
9. You reach a point where you’ve read through your work that many times it doesn’t seem to mean anything to you anymore.
10. And you just wish people would stop asking you how it’s coming along.
11. By the time you’ve finished, you’re dreading handing it in.
12. So you ask a friend to read over it so you can prepare for what’s to come.
13. And find solace in the fact that everyone else is feeling the same way as you.
14. You go to hand it in on deadline day regretting all of your recent life choices.
15. And feeling as though you’ve just sealed your fate.
Your future will never be as bright as Joyce Byer’s lights. 😭