17 Scenes From “The Young Ones” That Still Sum Up Student Life Today
The cult classic 1980s show about a group of utterly manic students can’t possibly still be relevant to us… can it?
1. You’d simply rather do anything but study.
2. And decide going out is the only logical solution to stress.
3. When you hear about all the crazy shenanigans you got up to on a night out.
4. But at least you’ve got that one “mum friend” in the group who looks after you.
And who doesn’t let you get COMPLETELY out of control.
5. But some of your other flatmates are really starting to get on your nerves.
6. Trying to attend a 9am lecture after a heavy night out…
7. How you feel whenever you read through your work.
8. Going into your overdraft and having to beg the bank like:
9. Because you’ve spent your student loan on ridiculous things.
Maybe I should have bought some food with that…
10. When you see your friends before an exam.
We are not ok.
11. Or when you hear that someone got full marks on an assignment you assumed everyone else also failed.
12. When it all kicks off in the group chat about who’s going to do what for the group presentation.
Can you not.
13. Or when you’ve fallen down that slippery slope of skipping lectures to catch up on lectures.
14. When you realise that you can’t survive another moment in the library.
15. And you’d much rather watch your favourite TV shows in bed all day.
Wouldn’t that be nice.