17 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Studied at Queen Mary University of London
You kinda just want someone to confess their love for you on the QMUL Confessions Facebook page at least once…
1. Trying to find the quickest route across the road from Mile End station without risking your life is a serious challenge.
2. The Novo cemetery is more lively than you and your mates during a 9am lecture.
3. You know that you’ll probably never have a lecture in your subject’s official school building.
Science student? Mostly based in Law. Politics? Probably in the Engineering building. What’s with that, QMUL?
4. You’d be lying if you said you’ve never been trapped in the library’s revolving doors.
Life literally flashes before your eyes as you imagine being stuck in that endless, vicious, glass circle forever.
5. And you have to continually roam the first floor waiting for someone to leave.
As soon as they stand up, you know you’ll descend upon that empty desk like the vulture you are.
6. Or you head to the Hive in the hopes of getting work done there but find that it’s way too packed.
The walk of shame back outside ensues.
7. The misfortune of having lectures in People’s Palace.
The Tube runs directly underneath every few minutes, and if that isn’t bad enough, the lecture theatre is way too cold – even for London.
8. The stampede that will crush you if you so much as think of stopping in the hallways or stairwells of Bancroft building.
9. And the ominous stench that hits you as soon you descend down into the underground computer rooms of Queen’s Building.
It smells almost as dead as my grades.
10. The answer to “where shall we go for food” is always either Nando’s or Dixie’s.
11. You’re still mourning the loss of the Golden Fryer.
😭 And you give death stares to the traitors who walk into the new KFC.
12. Wondering if Mucci’s is even real or just legend.
Has anyone ever actually been there before?
13. The never-ending lunchtime queue outside Sainsbury’s.
It’s called Mile End for a reason. 100% fact.
14. You spend more time in Drapers than your actual halls.
15. Feeling #artsy and #hipster when you go to see a movie at Genesis instead of getting the train to Vue in Stratford.
16. You constantly check the QMUL Confessions Facebook page.
You’re always tagging your friends in stupid posts saying, “YOU DEFO WROTE THIS LOOOOL,” and also hoping that someone will declare their undying love for you one day too.
17. And know that even though you complain about it sometimes, Queen Maz will always be home.