15 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Went To The University of Derby
“Grab a cab with Albatross!”
1. Befriending whoever had a car in your halls so they could be the designated ASDA taxi.
It’s not like you could walk to any of the big supermarkets…
2. People who lived in Lonsdale were never on time.
Why is it so far away?
3. Spending half your life and most of your student loan in here.
4. The dread when you got to Walkabout and found the queue was already enormous.
5. Somehow ending up in Blue Note even though it was never part of the plan.
6. If your course was based in Markeaton or Brit Mill you were always a bit taken back when you had to go to Keddleston.
7. And if your course was based in Keddleston you almost never set foot in the other campuses.
8. Grabbing a cab with Albatross!
The fastest taxi service known to man and potentially the only one with its own theme song which even has an official club version. ✌️
9. Forever wondering how, even after refurbishment, Mosh still has sticky floors.
10. Always looking out for the legend that is the walking backwards man.
Why does he walk backwards? What is he writing down!? We need to know.
11. And the guy with the snake.
Saw a man with a snake strolling down Derby's High Street yesterday. Casually. What a guy
— Martin Edwards (@martino_edwardo) April 12, 2014
12. Walking down St. Peter’s street was like playing a game of Frogger.
Except you’re a human dodging clipboards.
13. The joy of there being two Nandos within a 5 minute walk from each other.
You can’t get cheekier than that.
14. The Derby Christmas Tree was, is, and always will be the most disappointing tree ever.
It’s barely taller than the ugly fence surrounding it.
Derby City Council have put a lot of effort into their Christmas decorations this year I see pic.twitter.com/CKdjlAHGIS
— David Ball (@davidonionball) November 20, 2014
15. And finally, having to pick a side between Barry or Sarry before you graduate.
We’ve all heard the rumours. Barry and Sarry are brothers who once ran a successful takeaway together, but something drove them apart and now we’re forced to choose. But who has your lifelong support?
Barry or Sarry?
- Barry, of course.
- Sarry. No doubt about it.