19 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Studied Abroad in Canada
If you’ve ever studied abroad in Canada, here are some things you’ll definitely understand.
1. Touching down at the airport surrounded by Canadian flags.
2. Quickly learning to NEVER mistake a Canadian for an American.
3. There was maple syrup everywhere. In the breakfast, in the baked beans, and even in the money.
Which had you wondering why pound notes don’t smell like roast dinner..?
4. Finding it weird that the Freshers were under the legal drinking age.
5. And so naturally trying to convert them into the British drinking culture.
6. The shock of discovering that lectures could run till 10pm.
7. And that the snow just never seems to melt. Ever.
8. How friendly literally everyone is. Everyone.
L i t e r a l l y
9. And how much everyone cares about ice hockey.
10. Questioning how your life was ever complete without Tim Horton’s caramel ice capps.
11. …and Timbits.
12. Learning to embrace the country music clubs.
Resistance is futile.