15 Struggles Every UCLan Student Has To Endure When Moving To Preston For The First Time
UCLan is amazing, but you definitely find there are some drawbacks to studying here when you start.
1. You arrive in the city with big dreams, until you realise Preston looks like a small town.
Are we even sure it should be a city?
2. Then it starts to rain, which you come to learn is a standard event in Preston.
3. Trying to find Whitendale Halls is an assignment itself.
4. As is trying to work out whether to buy a wristband for Freshers’.
Or do you just play it by ear?
5. Drinks are far too cheap in the clubs in Preston.
This is going to be an ongoing struggle for the foreseeable future. How are you supposed to resist?
6. Nando’s is nearby in the Town Centre.
Do you eat there everyday, or?
7. And Turtle Bay is opposite Nando’s and has happy hour.
There is just no hope for your bank account, or your chances of remaining in the library for any length of time.
Sleigh bells are just around the corner so if you've got a works do to organise, or a function, enquire through our e-mail. email@example.com. Turtle tracks can cater for a maximum of 50 covers and our 'Tease Me' cocktails are honestly like Christmas in a glass! 🍹🍾🎅🎁 #TurtlebayPreston #Turtlebay #Preston #Christmas #GoodTimes
8. Meanwhile, the Essentials SU shop sells essentials, but at ridiculous prices.
Cannot afford that. Not after all that Nando’s anyway…
9. And alcohol is cheaper than food at the SU.
Can you live without food? It doesn’t end well…
10. You sign up for the gym because it’s free, but you can never be bothered to drag yourself there.
11. And you go to Freshers’ Fair intending to join a society, but leave with nothing but a Domino’s discount.
12. Frigate and St John’s are constantly tempting you to spend your first student loan installment.
13. And realising how much you have to pay for printing at the library is an outrage.
A real kick in the teeth. Especially if you don’t realise it until your first last minute deadline.