12 Working Habits You Had as a Student That Would Get You Fired as a Graduate
You might have got away with it at uni, but you probably won’t have the same luck at work.
1. Sit down to work and immediately start scrolling through Facebook instead.
2. Or decide to work depending on whether your friend has started yet or not.
3. Use the need to clean, organise and redecorate as an excuse not to do anything.
well i can't do work until my room is tidy #obviously
— Rose!! (@roseharrisonye) February 2, 2014
4. Or justify watching another episode of your new favourite show instead of working to “help” your concentration.
I always tell myself just one more episode and then I watch five more
— Vanessa Cancino (@Vanny_Geekin) January 29, 2016
5. Pretend to understand what’s going on because you’ll just ask your friend later and hope that they were listening.
6. Decide to stop for the day because you managed to do a solid five minutes of work.
7. Or refuse to work until you’ve found the perfect playlist.
And then continue not to work once you’ve found it because it’s too good not to pay attention to.
When the playlist is too good. You can't work.
— Mizzle (@Mamie102) April 19, 2015
8. Treat deadlines as a challenge and only start things when it feels like you might have a nervous breakdown if you don’t.
Why do i always wait until the last second possible to do the most important things that actually have a deadline?
— Al (@allisonnkelley) July 19, 2014
9. Skip all of your early starts and just keep saying you’ll try again next week.
10. Or turn up late and hungover with no real intention to actually do anything productive.
11. Take a ~quick break~ which ends up lasting for three hours after which you no longer feel like working any more.
12. Or decide to go home because other people working near you are being annoying.
If only, right? 😅