14 Excuses You Always Make As a Student To Go Drinking On a Week Night
It’s the same story every time.
1. You start off by reassuring yourself you won’t even drink that much. Not after last time.
2. But everyone else seems more drunk than you, so you have to catch them up.
3. And there wouldn’t be any point to going out if you don’t join in properly.
4. Plus, it’s really cold outside so you have to drink more for warmth.
You’re essentially just looking after yourself.
5. You keep promising yourself you won’t stay out for too long.
when you go out for a quiet one and end up coming home at 3am like you don't have an exam you're gonna fail on Monday 🙈🙈🙈
— hipster ariel (@Sian_Fed) January 16, 2016
6. And that this drink will be the last one. Which makes you confused about how much you’re actually drinking.
7. You actually were going to stop but then you spotted your library crush and needed some Dutch courage to talk to them.
8. You don’t want to refuse those shots in case you offend anyone. And you have to return the round, naturally.
9. You genuinely think those occasional sips of water will cancel out all those Jägerbombs.
10. And you keep convincing yourself that they don’t even put that much alcohol in those mixers. They’re so stingy.
11. You just think if you eat loads of food on the way home it won’t actually matter how much you drink.
12. And that you don’t need to worry about getting up in the morning because you’re going to set loads of alarms on your phone.
Is it just me or does anyone else set loads of alarms because they don't trust the snooze button 😂🙈 pic.twitter.com/Dk96KB2ja9
— Amy Louise Evans (@MissAmyEvans) March 23, 2014
13. In fact, you’ll put your phone on the other side of your room so that you actually have to get out of bed.
14. And you’re going to have water, food and paracetamol ready so that you won’t have any excuses whatsoever for not getting up.
But, you never do any of that. At least you try, though. 🙈