15 Reasons Why It’s Absolutely Impossible To Revise When You’re at Home
Revising at any time is never exactly easy. Revising at home is just impossible.
1. There are just so many distractions.
Trying to revise at Christmas when everyone's home and trying to do stuff is IMPOSSIBLE 😬😬
— Lauren (@laurenemilymc) December 22, 2014
2. Including your family who are much noisier than you remember.
3. And your pets who want to cash in on the attention you owe them.
4. There’s just so much food in the house you need to take advantage of.
trying to revise at home involves 2 minutes of revision and 1 hour "getting a snack"
— ella (@ella_stadler) April 2, 2015
5. Plus, your bed at home is so much comfier than your bed at uni.
Never thought I could sleep so much as I do when I'm trying to revise at home
— Liv (@_livjenkins) May 10, 2015
6. There’s a lot of TV you need to catch up on while you have the opportunity.
7. And friends you really need to see before you forget what they look like.
8. When you do try to work you realise you left your notes at uni.
9. And you can’t find all your stationery because your family have been rearranging your room.
Swear every time I'm home from uni my bedroom is slowly turning into some kind of storage room
— Salaan Alam (@SalaanAlam) January 25, 2014
10. People keep offering you cups of tea or food on the rare occasions where you manage to get into the zone.
And you always want them.
11. Or telling you to take a break because they think you’re working the entire time you’re in your room.
And you never turn a break down.
12. You seem to be the only person who can hear the house phone ringing.
“Is no one going to get that?!”
13. And apparently you’re the only one who can hear the doorbell too.
why am I the only one in this family that answers the door
— Esme (@BettsEsme) May 19, 2013
14. You’re speaking to your uni friends more now than when you’re all at uni.
15. And, in spite of the lie-ins, your motivation for revision remains at an all time low.
Trying to revise at home is 10000000 times harder than at uni😭
— Emily Diplock (@ediplock) April 7, 2015
To be honest, you might as well not even bother trying and just enjoy Christmas.
Maybe just get it all done before you leave uni. 🙈