15 Reasons Why January Is The Worst Time To Be A Student
January blues and the start of a new semester are not a good combination. At all.
1. Your brain is still 60% in Christmas mode.
Dreading going back to uni, my brain is a mush of turkey and Christmas spirit(s)
— Cory (@CoryLionBar) December 30, 2015
2. To be honest, you need another break to recover from the last one.
3. You’ve not been keeping on top of your work and now it’s all piled up.
Forever asking myself why I didn't do more work over Christmas?!!?
— laur † (@lArr3) January 4, 2016
4. You can’t even remember what some of your modules are about.
5. And the thought of impending essays and exams is making you feel like this:
6. Because you’re not prepared for any of them.
7. Your student house feels colder than ever after being at home for so long.
8. And 9ams are so much harder to get up for when it’s freezing inside and dark outside.
9. There’s hardly anything happening on campus at this time of year.
Except maybe refreshers, but can you really be bothered?
10. Even going out isn’t the same because of dry January.
11. You suddenly realise you’re already almost halfway through the academic year.
12. And the organised people are already talking about future exams. And jobs.
13. You’ve already broken several of your New Year’s resolutions.
14. You basically just need summer to hurry up.
15. And for January to just end already.
Fuck you January.
— Ceci Domínguez. (@Ceciu_) January 10, 2016