15 Things That Happened When You Got Back To Uni After Reading Week
After spending a week at home avoiding all of your student responsibilities, there were some things that inevitably had to happen when you got back.
1. You hoped more than anything that you weren’t about to come back to a scene like this:
2. And wished you hadn’t been lazy and had actually done your washing up before you left.
Week old mugs and plates of toast crumbs. Yum.
Who knew if you left a hot chocolate mug for long enough in your room it'll grow mould in the bottom? Alice knew… pic.twitter.com/w1pDv1ikyM
— Jake Kendall-Ashton (@J_KendallAshton) March 27, 2015
3. You cleared away the mountain of leaflets that built up alarmingly in the hallway over the week.
Things no student has ever said: my house doesn't have enough takeaway leaflets
— Helen (@gandhi_mate) October 20, 2015
4. And unpacked your case of all the clean clothes and as many biscuits as you could force in.
5. You then belatedly realised that you forgot to pack those library books you took home that have now been recalled.
And you didn’t even read them.
6. You became slightly frustrated with that one housemate who didn’t go home and turned the house into a tip.
Well, even more of a tip than before.
7. You went food shopping but forgot what it is you normally buy.
Meaning you ended up spending a fortune on things you don’t even like.
8. So you just ordered pizza.
Thus immediately ruining your plan to be healthier this half of the semester.
9. You arranged a group meeting to catch up on everything that’s been happening.
10. And you all agreed that the house feels a thousand times colder after being in a properly insulated home for a week.
11. You tried to figure out why everything looks slightly different even though you’ve only been away for a week.
12. As well as becoming annoyed that house-hunting season is about to start.
You don’t want to have to pretend that you’re okay with freshers traipsing round your house.
13. You regretted not doing enough* work during the previous week.
14. Because people keep asking you how you’re getting on with essays you didn’t realise were due in soon.
15. And so you suddenly started to panic that you only have 5 weeks left to the end of semester.