16 Guaranteed Ways To Offend an Unemployed Recent Graduate
Recent graduates have a hard enough time as it is. Don’t make it worse.
1. Repeatedly ask them how the job hunt is going.
2. And look disappointed when they tell you it’s not going well.
3. Ask them if they regret doing a degree.
4. And blatantly assume they’re lying if they say no.
5. Tell them you wish you could just spend all day at home looking for jobs.
6. Or say something like: “But surely you could just get any job with your degree?”
7. Judge them for wanting to go travelling before getting a job.
8. Or if they genuinely just want to get a job straight away, suggest they’re wasting their youth.
9. Constantly talk about how easily someone you know managed to find an amazing job after graduating.
10. Ask them what jobs they’ve applied for and then say: “Do you even need a degree for that?”
11. Or look underwhelmed and tell them you’d look for something else if you were them.
12. Make them feel as though they did the wrong degree.
13. Ask them how much debt they’re in.
14. Comment on how fast the time seems to be flying.
15. Assume they have a detailed life plan and ask them about it all the time.
16. Or worse, say: “where do you see yourself in 5 years?”
Where do I see myself in 5 years? pic.twitter.com/72lam87EUy
— Yared Ivans (@yared_ivans) November 29, 2015