16 Lyrics From The 90s That Perfectly Describe Your Student Nights Out
Nights out are an integral part of every student’s life. And these 90s lyrics perfectly sum up the integral parts of those nights.
1. Allowing your friends to persuade you into going out.
“I know that you’re gonna have it your way or nothing at all.” / Waterfalls – TLC
2. But promising yourself you won’t drink as much as last time.
“I don’t ever want to feel like I did that day.” / Under the Bride – Red Hot Chili Peppers
3. Because you’re still feeling a bit hungover and flu-y.
“Here we are now, entertain us. I feel stupid and contagious.” / Smells Like Teen Spirit – Nirvana
4. Putting a lot of time and effort into choosing the right predrinks playlist.
“Your groove, I do deeply dig.” / Groove Is In The Heart – Deee-Lite
5. Taking selfies to prove that you looked alright at the start of the night.
“Strike a pose.” / Vogue – Madonna
6. Turning the music down one notch after your neighbours complain.
“Why you gotta play that song so loud? Because we want to! Because we want to!” / Because We Want To – Billie
7. Ringing the taxi company for the billionth time because your taxi still hasn’t arrived.
“I’ve had it up to here, am I making myself clear?” / Just a Girl – No Doubt
8. Marking your territory on the dancefloor on arrival.
“I came to get down, I came to get down, so get out your seat and jump around.” / Jump Around – House of Pain
9. Ordering shots you know you will regret later.
“My mind’s telling me no. But my body’s telling me yes.” / Bump N’ Grind – R Kelly
10. Trying to avoid unwanted attention.
“I don’t want your number, I don’t want to give you mine.” / No Scrubs – TLC
11. Unexpectedly bumping into someone from home.
“If you want my future, forget my past.” / Wannabe – Spice Girls
12. Trying to get your friend to sober up a bit.
“She never drinks the water and makes you order French Champagne” / Livin’ La Vida Loca – Ricky Martin
13. And arguing with them when they say they don’t want to leave yet.
“Do you think you’re better off alone?” / Better Off Alone – Alice Deejay
14. Refusing to share your chips.
“You can’t touch this.” / U Can’t Touch This – MC Hammer
15. Drunkenly stumbling to the nearest taxi rank.
“And all the roads we have to walk are winding, and all the lights that lead us there are blinding.” / Wonderwall – Oasis
16. And promising yourself you won’t drink as much next time…
“Never ever have I ever felt so bad.” / Never Ever – All Saints