17 Lifetime Struggles You’ll Only Know If Your Birthday Is Near Christmas
When your birthday is just before or just after Christmas, there are some things only you will understand.
1. You’ve had to get used to receiving Christmas presents that double up as birthday presents.
2. You’ve also come to accept that many of your birthday presents will be wrapped in Christmas wrapping paper.
3. And that your birthday cards always have to go up with the Christmas cards.
Meaning you never really get to appreciate them properly.
4. There are so many other things going on for Christmas and New Year that your birthday doesn’t really feel like a ~special occasion~.
5. If it’s right before Christmas, everyone’s more interested in Christmas.
6. And if it’s right after Christmas, everyone’s a bit sick of partying.
7. To be honest, sometimes you’re not fully in the mood for your birthday either.
having a birthday near christmas is the worst thing
— abbey (@abbeytdd) December 20, 2015
8. People are often away.
9. Plus, there’s always someone who wants to do dry January.
And you feel like you can’t exactly tell them they shouldn’t.
10. It usually rains.
11. Or snows.
Which is perfect for going out. Just perfect.
12. You’re eternally jealous of people who have summer birthdays.
Wish I had a summer birthday so I could have a bbq and get drunk in the sun
— Poppy Róisín (@poppyfalk) June 21, 2014
13. Or just of people whose birthdays are the main event of the month for them.
14. You really need people to stop telling you how glad they are that their birthday isn’t near Christmas.
Dude I would HATE to have a birthday anywhere near Christmas..
— ML-E ٽ (@emmmwy52) November 28, 2015