17 Reasons Why Your Last Christmas At Uni Will Be Your Best One Yet
Final year is an undeniably stressful time for students who have exams, essays and the future all looming just around the corner. In spite of this, Christmas in final year is actually the best one of the lot.
1. It will be your last ever Christmas without real, adult responsibility.
2. And the last ever Christmas during which you’ll have to worry about word counts and deadlines.
You never, ever have to do it again if you don’t want to.
3. Therefore, in spite of the work, you’re obliged to make sure you enjoy every last second of it.
4. So you make a point of getting as much into the festive spirit as possible.
— Emily Barron (@EmilyBarron89) December 17, 2014
5. Which means getting serious with the decorations.
6. And having no intention of taking any of them down until you leave.
7. You feel confident enough now to pull off a cracking student Christmas Dinner.
Sorry mum but our first ever attempt at a Christmas dinner on a student budget was better than any I've experienced in the past 19 years
— Iona Rose (@iownarose) December 8, 2015
8. And you couldn’t care less what people think if you wear a Christmas jumper all the time.
Because wearing them makes you feel slightly better about all that revision.
9. You finally take full advantage of every single Christmas-themed student event.
10. Including all of those campus festivities you’ve been saying you’ll go to since first year but never did.
The university are having a carol service at Llandaff Cathedral with mince pies and mulled wine reception after. Can't wait for that
— Katie McKenna (@katiemelizabeth) November 10, 2015
11. The thought of going home for Christmas makes you more nostalgic than ever.
Last time at Uni that i'll ever say i'm going home for christmas. Emotional.
— Nathan Percy (@NathanPercy) December 11, 2014
12. And you appreciate everything ten times more because of it.
13. Especially when you know it’s probably the last time you’ll get a whole month off for Christmas.
14. And the last time you’re guaranteed to be able to celebrate with your uni friends.
15. Because you never know where you’ll all be or what you’ll all be doing next year.
16. So you gladly take the opportunity to let Christmas distract you from thinking about final year.
17. And from worrying about the future in general.
Even if it’s just for a few Christmasy hours per day.