18 Things Students Do On Social Media That Need To Stop Happening in 2016
These days, using social media is as much a part of student life as lectures, deadlines and pot noodles. However, there are some things students do on social media that really just need to stop happening in the new year.
1. When someone brags about how amazingly productive they’re being.
I'm not going to lie. I am smashing the words out on this essay.
— Ryan O'Hara (@SpoonFullOfThor) December 7, 2015
2. Or complains about how much they’re struggling when they’re clearly miles ahead of you and almost everyone else.
400 more words for my essay, Ughh. I can't do this.
— Kristine Silcox (@yohoitskristine) December 7, 2015
3. When someone takes a relieved selfie while submitting their essay two whole weeks before the deadline.
4. And then proceeds to relish in their freedom by snapchatting you about how much they’re enjoying their freedom.
5. When your uni friends stalk your profile and start liking really old, embarrassing photos of you.
When people bring up old Facebook photos 😊😊😊
— Mere Tunney (@MereTunney) December 8, 2015
6. Or when they Facebook stalk someone on your course and accidentally like their photo from your account.
7. Or, even worse, when they do it on purpose.
8. When students who do a Year Abroad keep spamming your timeline with posts from their new blog.
You enjoy the first handful but it quickly starts to feel like they’re just shoving their happiness in your face.
9. Or make you jealous of their sunny, wine-in-hand Year Abroad photos.
All while you’re stuck in a boring lecture next to that person with a cold.
10. When someone takes a photo of their Starbucks at the start of every lecture.
— Brandi (@brandimikaila) November 9, 2015
11. When people live tweet their pre-exam panicking and their distress starts to rub off on you.
12. Or when someone creates a Facebook group for every single one of your course modules.
13. And proceeds to use them to find out what everyone wrote in their exams.
Thus making you realise how many mistakes you made.
Yes I took my exam. No I don't want to talk about it.
— L (@AnotherChelsFan) November 5, 2015
14. When someone vents on Facebook every time another student requests a library book they’ve been hogging for ages.
That’s how libraries work.
15. Or never tweets about anything other than how much they hate their course.
If you hate it that much maybe you should do something else.
16. When that couple who got together in first year upload a new photo documenting their relationship every single day.
17. When your uni friends promise not to tag you in that really awful photo from the other night but they do.
18. And when people keep sharing memories from first year and reminding you how fast university is going.
No more, please. 😒